2/26/06

Virginia - Aunt Lesley's Birthday Feb 2006

We are wrapping up our trip to Virginia and heading home tomorrow. Alex has had a great time with his cousins like usual. He is still wired up and dancing around and they went home 2 hrs ago.

Friday night when we dropped them off he wanted to stay with them at their house, until of course Uncle Anthony told him it was nightly beating time...he told him to get on line and Alex said "No thank you, maybe tomorrow" and ran out the door.

Aunt Lesley had fun witnessing my sweet baby Jeffrey turn into baby-zilla. He is a master manuipulater. He cries like he is being stabbed to death and the minute you pick him up he just smiles and coos. It has been a long 4 days.

Alex woke up a few times in the night saying he missed his daddy and wanted to go back to TN. I told him that I missed my daddy and mommy and wanted to stay in VA. I am not sure he really gets it but it was a funny conversation.

Grandma Susan and Big Grandma had fun passing Jeffrey back and forth to each other as well. Grandma Shoplock (aka Big Grandma) was Alex's personal chef all weekend. She made him pancakes and eggs every morning from scratch. Christy made an appearance a few times and ran away from us after we told her we were all sick with colds.

We went to see Grandpa Steve and Pam on Saturday. That was the day Jeffrey was best behaved. I think he heard Grandpa gives out birthday cake and ice cream. Of course he couldn't enjoy it this year but Alex had a feast.

Sunday morning we headed for Lesley's birthday breakfast at Charley's Waterfront Cafe (next to Greenfront Furniture). The buffet was delicious. Alex ate 3 plates of french toast, eggs, bacon and 3 helpings of whipped cream. Uncle Chris and Aunt Lesley passed Jeffrey back and forth until he finally pooped! Then he went back to mommy.

Sunday afternoon we went back to Grandma's house and played computer games, played bingo, colored pictures and watched tv. Everyone is home now and we are getting ready to head home. I am tired but had a great time visiting my family.

I will post pictures when we get back. I have a jam packed short week with all the MOMS Club stuff I have to do so I am not sure how soon I will get the new pics online.

No comments:

Post a Comment