12/19/10

Sweet Something Designs: Chocolate Candy Ornament

This is such a cute idea...I think I am going to make these next year.


http://sweetsomethingdesign.blogspot.com/2009/12/chocolate-candy-ornament.html   
Sweet Something Designs: Chocolate Candy Ornament


Chocolate Candy Ornament

How would you like to make some chocolate candy? What? You don't cook? Hmmm....don't worry this chocolate candy ornament is easy as pie, or whatever......
First of all, I purchased glass ball ornaments at the end of the season last year, knowing I wanted to make these as gifts for friends and family, this year....but these boxes are so inexpensive anyway....It would be ok to pay full price. :)
Next whip out the glue gun, load that thang up and keep the sticks handy, because this step will take a lot of sticks. Begin by taking the little metal hanger thing out, so you can stick a pencil (eraser side down) into the ornament to keep it steady.
Next, start right along the top and glob on the glue, letting it run, working your way around the entire ornament, until you've got something that looks like this:
I like to do several at a time because really, who doesn't have a zillion yellow no. 2 pencils laying around, when you have school age kids Hu? I use the pencils as a cooling rack and stuck them where ever I can find a place until they cool....the glue looks cloudy when it's cool
Now you are ready to paint. I highly recommend this type of spray paint, because it is a specialty paint, that has the perfect shade of brown...I haven't tried regular spray paint, but this is the perfect chocolate brown.
Now honestly folks, you very well could stop here. It looks really cute, just like this...but I can't leave well enough alone...
So, I use Mod Podge to coat the runny area only


Quickly sprinkle sugar looking glitter on


And well, you could really leave it looking like this...it looks really cute with a little bit of sugar on top...


But no, not me...I have to keep going...I mean well enough doesn't like to be left alone...


So with little red crafty berries


and crushed peppermint sticks
I decorated the top of the chocolate ornament...I did a random gluing of the berries and candy cane, you can do as much or as little as you want....


Ok, I'm going to leave it alone now! I added a little ribbon string and bow in the cutest check ribbon
Don't pay any attention to the glue strings, I'll get those off...


That's it! Now you have a super cute Chocolate candy ornament to keep or give to friends and family!

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you're inspired! Try a chocolate candy ornament today!
http://sweetsomethingdesign.blogspot.com/2009/12/chocolate-candy-ornament.html 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/20/2010

    What a great idea!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete