6/6/08

Skool's Kool and so is the Pool

Yesterday we picked up my niece Ashley in Roanoke. We had lunch with Grandma Susan, Justin and Ashley at the Cracker Barrel. She was happy to be with us but I don't think she expected to start doing homework with Uncle Tony and the boys first thing when we walked in the door. She may actually go home smarter and be a whiz in the 6th grade next year.
We also created a blog for her to journal in (required activity in Tony's Summer School). We had fun creating the header for it (it is adorable IMO). I hope she finds it a fun way to document the summer and learns to enjoy journalling/writing. Now I just have to find a way to get her to read. Shockingly her school did not send home a required summer reading list. And I thought TN schools were bad.
We went to the pool this morning for a short visit. Our neighbor came with us and the kids had a lot of fun. Now I have to go start packing for our trip to Sevierville/Dollywood. Be back soon to blog about the last day of school...a little late but better than never.

No comments:

Post a Comment