6/1/09

Well our first day of summer break has come and gone. I barely survived. I told the boys today that we were going to do something special. And in this order we were going to get to it!
1. Food Shopping
2. Lunch
3. Movie (UP!)

So the food shopping was a disaster since they just can't stop fooling around and not behaving. I threatened to not go to the movies several times and it went in one ear and out the other. A kind older gentleman on line at the checkout just looked at me and said "I know how it is...I have 4 boys", of course I asked if he wanted two more?

So off we went back home to unload groceries...Jeff screams I WANT TO GO TO THE MOVIE! NOT HOME!
So back to the plan...I tell him once again
1. Food Shopping
2. Lunch
3. Movie (UP!)

He calms down after the threat of not going at all.
Get home, put stuff away, slap 2 PB&H sandwiches together with some fruit snacks, cupcakes, and popcorn. Back in the car we go. Eating lunch on the way to the movies. (It was 20 miles from our house so they did have time to eat)
Quick stop at Big Lots (tip from a friend, thanks Abbie!) Got me some Thickers for $2.00! HOLY ALPHAS BATMAN! We even scored for the kid, Alex got a DS game for getting all O's on his report card.
Then off to the movie we went. We met our friends, the Keelings there. All the kids loved the movie. The adults did too. It was really cute. I enjoyed the colors in the film. Very inspiring for me to use some of those colors the next time I sit and scrap.

After the movie, we went home for all of 30 minutes to then go to Al's tball game. We stayed for a while until the giant flies started biting. I hate bugs!

Tomorrow is possibly a water park day...we will see!


No comments:

Post a Comment